Serene Hills | Mar 19, 2020
Spring break is here in Central Texas, and with time off from school comes warmer weather and sunny days. And in 2020, it also means finding activities to do with your kids that don’t risk contracting or spreading the novel coronavirus.
One of the biggest perks of living in Serene Hills is its proximity to Austin and the Texas Hill Country. There are a ton of day trips families can take to experience the beauty of Central Texas while avoiding heavily populated areas.
- Wildflower Tour: A safe way to experience the outdoors and get out of the house is to take a drive through one of the many wildflower routes around central Texas, to safely experience the beauty of the area during the springtime blooms. Take a drive with the family to areas around Johnson City, Marble Falls, Kingsland and Llano for gorgeous views and fields of wildflowers.
- Pace Bend Park: There are a number of state parks and beautiful natural areas near Lakeway. Some of the most popular include Pace Bend park, a recreational area on Lake Travis where you can hike cliff trails, camp, mountain bike or swim in the water. Visitors love Pace Bend for the cliffs overlooking the water.
- Hamilton Pool: Hamilton Pool, located just west of Lakeway, is another popular swimming hole in the area for the especially warm spring days famous for it’s beautiful natural structure being formed by the collapse of an underground river thousands of years ago.
- Enchanted Rock: If you’re willing to take your travel outside of the city, there are many towns nearby that make for a wonderful visit for a day or weekend. One of the most popular attractions in Central Texas is the city of Fredericksburg, located about an hour south of town. Fredericksburg is a city known for the cluster of wineries and vineyards in the surrounding area, as well as its German heritage and culture. Stay for a night in Fredericksburg then head to Enchanted Rock, a state natural area 17 miles away that features beautiful natural structures and a massive pink granite dome visitors hike year long.
- Barton Creek Greenbelt: In Austin, there are a couple of options for outdoor adventure that don’t require the risk of visiting heavily populated areas. For one, there is the Barton Creek Greenbelt, a popular spot to hike, swim and experience nature. There are entrances off Barton Skyway, Loop 360 and Barton Springs to just name a few. The area is known for its sparkling streams and waterfalls that fill during the wet months of spring.
We are lucky to call Texas home, and recognize the benefit of taking a break from your routine. Living in Serene Hills is a prime location for access to fun in and around town.
Serene Hills is a boutique community, offering easy access to Austin's premier golf courses and resorts, access to Lakeway's exemplary school district and surrounding protected environment areas ensure long-term property value. Browse a list of our current available homes or contact a builder to inquire about custom-built homes and find your dream home today!